Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Tuesday, October 23, 2007
San Diego memories

In 2001 I went to San Diego and I was like, "ooh, this is nice".
So in 2003 I went and invited my parents along. This was not so good, as, to quote myself

I'm in San Diego.

To which I would like to add:
San Diego is in the middle of a huge firestorm.
Holy Sh-t.

Manifesto Multilinko (me) - Sunday, October 26, 2003

I really wasn't able to convey to people back home the extent to which San Diego was burning. I finally found a set of satellite image maps to show them. Even then I still don't think they quite grasped it.

But fortunately America learned that lesson, and San Diego never burned again.
Oh wait, four years later... 'Mass migration' as state burns

SAN DIEGO, California (CNN) -- More than a half million people had been ordered from San Diego County homes Tuesday as wildfires rage from the Mexican border to north of Los Angeles.

CNN - October 23, 2007

If you want to get my full experience, I have just retro-tagged my old postings, so you can click the "san diego" label below or follow this san diego label link. They're in chronological order from most recent to earliest - if you want to read in order scroll to the bottom of the page and read up (I don't know how to make them appear in any other order.)

Labels: , ,