Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Saturday, April 09, 2011
HP e9180f stable

For those of you with an HP e9180f (i7-920) who haven't been able to keep it from randomly crashing, I can report... tentatively, that the latest software out seems to render it stable. (I'm running Windows 7.)

Possibly due to an update to Norton Internet Security, or maybe optional Windows patch KB2488113, or some other recent Windows software changes.

I did apply SP1 but it appeared to have stabilized before that.

I could barely keep it from crashing long enough to get an update applied before.
Since patching I've been running for 3 hours without problems.

Fingers crossed.

Probably most other people have given up on this machine years ago though.

Labels: ,