Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Hotel St. James New York reviewed

I submitted this review of

Hotel St. James
109 West 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036


View Larger Map

to TripAdvisor.com but it's currently "pending" (possibly because I just created an account and it's my first review). I'm not entirely sure of the room number we were in so I've modified that section.

I will also be submitting this review to Expedia.ca and maybe to Google Maps.

Review - "room was problematic"
** 2 stars (out of 5)

Pros: The location is good, the lobby is nice, there is a comfortable lounge, and the staff were helpful for the minimal interaction I had with them. The room itself was about the size I expected for midtown New York, and clean, with a bathtub.

CONS: I was in a second floor room (#204?), facing 45th Street.

1. There was basically zero sound insulation - there was almost no difference in the noise level with the window open or closed. There was loud street noise all night long. Trucks idling, beeping as they backed up, construction noise, you name it.

2. The heat was set fairly high and there was no thermostat that I could find, so the room was excessively warm.

3. The hot water in the bathroom is temperature limited, at best it got lukewarm.

If you have trouble sleeping, I wouldn't recommend this hotel, at least not if you get a street-facing room.

Labels: ,