Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Thursday, January 03, 2008
glasses being made

Got my prescription faxed to Laurier Optical, went there after work to pick new frames. Bunch of people milling around, didn't get much actual help, which was fine, I prefer to just pick my own anyway.

Once again thought "is the new style straight ear things?" before remembering that they bend them AFTER they're fitted. Got some Valentino ones I think.

Had following discussion with salesguy once frames were selected:

Salesguy: Do you want the deluxe coating for $139, or the regular coating for $89

Me: What's the difference?

Salesguy: Deluxe coating two year warranty hydrophobic blah blah blah

Me: fine

(I didn't really care, since my health plan pays for the glasses anyway.)

Me (thinking later): I'm not getting the inside deal! They probably don't even know what the coating is.

JERRY: So, you’re back together?

PUDDY: Yeah.

(Jerry sees them stare at each other, smiling)

JERRY: Alright, alright. Alright, that’s enough! Let’s get back to my deal. That undercoating, that’s just a rip-off, isn’t it, David?

PUDDY: Oh, we don’t even know what it is.

JERRY: So, I’m gettin’ the insider’s deal?

PUDDY: Insider’s deal. (Holds up his hand) High-five.

Seinfeld - The Dealership

(Took me a while to find this - I always thought his name was Putty.)

Labels: