Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Saturday, May 05, 2007
square housing man

Europe is all square metres, whereas Canada is as usual in between, so I can never tell how big places are.

For my future reference

600 (square feet) = 56 square meters

800 (square feet) = 74 square meters (size of my place in Ottawa)

1000 (square feet) = 93 square meters

In case you're wondering, there are no cheap places in France.
I don't know if there are any cheap places left anywhere, except maybe in very obscure corners of Eastern Europe, a few places in Asia, and some undesirable spots in Africa.

For example, here's a search on good old Century 21

http://www.century21.fr/trouver_logement/achat-appartement-provence_alpes_cote_d_azur-126273055.php

Achat Appartement Carqueiranne Var
3 Pièces - 60 m2
83320 CARQUEIRANNE

267 000 €

Yes, that's

60 (square meters) = 646 square feet
for
267000€ = 402,057 Canadian dollars

You might think if you move further inland, or to a more obscure location, but it's about the same everywhere (at least based on the places I went).

Honest to god, I don't know where people get all this money.
Either Europeans spend way more on housing than we do, or there are way more rich people in the world than I realised.

Or in other words, goodbye to any ideas of buying a retirement place in France.