Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Sunday, April 01, 2007
local is the new organic

I think I may already have written a post with this title but whatever.
There's a thing in Centretown News ("Chefs and farmers forge new partnerships") about Just Food which is working for local food goodness and how more restaurants are trying to use local food and there's also some event tomorrow that I meant to write about

It's called the "100k Breakfast" (i.e. buy food grown within 100km of where you live) Buy Local Eat Organic

Monday April 2, 2007
7:30 - 9 AM

@ The Table Vegetarian Restaurant
1230 Wellington

guest speaker: Thomas Pawlick, author of The End of Food

"There are 90 spots to fill on a first-come-first-serve basis so come early."

There's info at the well-named City Repair Ottawa.

It's a Paul Dewar event, so it's possible there may be some political angle.

The Globe also had a... um, summary slash review? of The 100 Mile Diet this weekend. At least I think it was the Glob. I can't find it. Anyway you can visit the 100 Mile website.

Labels: ,