Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Friday, April 07, 2006
star trek fan tv

I knew at some point I had read some Wired article about Star Trek fan-produced TV shows, and that I had bookmarked some stuff... somewhere.

It turned out that I had bookmarked it in Firefox, in an old account, now stored on my backup drive. Stupid bookmarks. Can never find them when you need them.

I also searched for the article on the Wired site, which turned up nothing.
I had to Google to find it on the Wired site.
I don't even know why sites have their own search engines, they never work.

Anyway:

Wired - To Boldly Go Where No Fan Has Gone Before

New Voyages
is the highest-profile effort, but there are lots of others, including Starship Exeter.

Wikipedia of course has a definitive list:

Star Trek, fan-made productions (in section "Fan Films")

As a side note, I suppose it's worth mentioning Star Trek: The Animated Series since a lot of people don't know about it. It was a regular TV show and had most of the original characters doing the voices. I haven't actually seen any of them.