Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Saturday, April 29, 2006
May Day, calling Mr Orwell, May Day May Day

May 1, Labour Day, May Day

in the US not so very popular lately
they prefer Capitalist Overlord Day. or, wait for it

Loyalty Day
I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2006, as Loyalty Day. I call upon all the people of the United States to join in support of this national observance, and to display the flag of the United States on Loyalty Day.

My Hand To God, I swear I couldn't make this up.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/04/20060428-10.html

but wait, there's more
it's also Law Day, where Americans celebrate the time-honoured separation of powers as laid out by the Constitution:

Dictator
|
Rubber-Stamp Legislature
|
Obedient Judiciary

I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, in accordance with Public Law 87-20, as amended, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2006, as Law Day, U.S.A. I call upon all the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities. I also call upon Government officials to display the flag of the United States in support of this national observance.


http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/04/20060428-7.html

The fact that US Immigrants are planning a country-wide work boycott and rally I'm sure has nothing to do with these noble proclamations.

info via Best of Both Worlds