Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Mac OS X 10.4.4

New/updated widgets
- arbitrarily redesigned calendar widget
- Google "search widget" which actually just opens your search in Safari... so, err, why not just search in Safari?

Plus which, this widget selection bar is cr*p.
I'm supposed to scroll and scroll and scroll through this thing looking at each icon to find what I want? They're ordered alphabetically? You realize that puts Weather and World Clock, the only two I actually use a lot (to e.g. bring up multiple widgets for destination locations when travelling) on the 3rd um bar? screen? line? of 3.

Dear Steve Jobs: I don't know whether it's you, or your NeXT GUI team, or some combination, but your user interfaces post-OS 9 Classic are total cr*p. Arbitrary candy inconsistent user-hostile garbage. Thanks awfully.