Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Wednesday, October 05, 2005
travel and technology

Mixed results.

Watched Galactica in the Toronto airport, went well.

Tried to listen to audiobook on the plane, but it turns out the plane is really loud.
What? I SAID THE PLANE IS REALLY LOUD.
I could barely hear it with iTunes and the iBook set to maximum.
I was able to hear enough for it to lull me into sleep so that was fine.

Multi-adapter thing from Radio Shack turned out to only be for non-grounded plugs.
The iBook does have both a long grounded plug and a short non-grounded adapter, but I had only brought the former.
Bought a grounded multi-adapter at Copenhagen airport.

Watched The Daily Show on laptop on my way home.

I've bought some noise-cancelling headphones, we'll see how they work.
I got RCA HPNC300 because they looked to be the best ones at my neighbourhood Radio err the Source whatever.

Upon reviewing the reviews upon return, they got really slagged in CNet but got ok mentions elsewhere.


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5239401/site/newsweek/

http://tinyurl.com/836xw

incidentally, it was quite the battle in Google trying to find any reviews other than the CNet one, I went through six pages of stores trying to sell me the headphones

The Bose ones get the best reviews, but they cost like $600 or something.
Also getting good reviews are the sound isolation ones, these are basically earplugs with speakers inside, but I don't want to have to jam things way down my ear.