Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Canon announces PowerShot S80, switches to SD/MMC

Read about the new Canon announcements on Macintouch. Hopped over to DPreview for more info.

DPreview Canon launches the new look 8.0 Megapixel PowerShot S80

I didn't notice it in the DPreview report (although it is there), but when I ran a comparison on PowerShot.com I found that the S80 uses the smaller SD/MMC memory cards rather than the Compact Flash used on the S70 and in previous Canon cameras (like my S20).

So if you have a bunch of CF cards, you may want to get an S70 over an S80,
of course nowadays a gig of SD is cheap anyway (between $130 and $180 at FutureShop).