Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Thursday, August 07, 2003


I'm trying to figure out how to properly set up CVS to support multiple projects, with multiple developers. I haven't been able to find any really solid information on that. I've found information on multiple devels. on ONE project, or multiple non-overlapping developers on multiple projects, but not really anything where I can have

Projects 1, 2, 3
and
Developers A, B, C
where one or more of A, B, and C may be working on P1, 2, 3

I've read some of O'Reilly's Essential CVS, and the free book I mentioned yesterday, and the site http://durak.org/cvswebsites/doc/

Now I'm going to have a look through USENET, starting with comp.software.config-mgmt

I would have thought this kind of thing would be a FAQ.

UPDATE: After having reviewed this topic, I have decided that it is impossible to do multidevel, multiproj in CVS. The main two options are to have all developers with access to all projects (which is what I will do) or to have separate CVS repositories for different projects.