Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Wednesday, September 12, 2001


To my delight, Alison Howard of CBC Radio Two's Take Five has informed me

Thanks for your note. Your request will be played on Thursday, September 13th, sometime between 11:00 and 1:00.

I requested "Oor Hamlet" also known as The Three Minute Hamlet

Oh bugger, I just looked in more detail at the radio schedule page, and it looks like instead of

Oor Hamlet, by Adam McNaughton

I'm getting

Our Hamlet, by Alastair MacDonald from LIDC/LIDL 6020

which I'm guessing is a completely different piece of music.

UPDATE (2001-09-13): The extremely helpful Alison Howard informs me that the information on the CBC website is incorrect, and the title of the piece being played is going to be "Oor Hamlet", so it is almost certainly the right song

I think I've found the right thing, but only you will be able to tell me when you hear it today! The song we're playing today is
called "Oor Hamlet" (the "our" on the website is a typo) and credits on the LP were rather unclear so I wasn't really sure who had written the song. I've probably put down the performer as the composer. I looked through the lyrics you've provided and they sound like the ones I heard going by as I was playing the record. Hope I've got it right!