Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Friday, September 14, 2001


I was looking to see if Frog Hollow Books has a website (can't find one). When I was in Park Lane yesterday I noticed they have moved into their new space there, after being across the street in Spring Garden Place (or whatever it's called) for years. The whole back end of the main Park Lane floor has changed in fact. Anyway I ran across this Google cache of a Herald article from June 29: McCourt, Rankin to speak in Halifax. Here are a couple relevant paragraphs:

[McCourt] is participating in this year's Word on the Street Festival, Sunday, Sept. 30 [Pier 20 - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.], and also appearing as part of Frog Hollow Books' Fall Reading Series at the Dalhousie Arts Centre, Rebecca Cohn Auditorium, Sept 29. Tickets are $15 from the Cohn box office.

Ian Rankin, author of the Rebus Detective series, is also coming as part of Frog Hollow's reading series on Friday, Oct. 19, 7:30 p.m., to the McInnes Room, Dalhousie University SUB. (Tickets are $7 at Frog Hollow.)

I had assumed Dal was bringing both of these authors; I didn't realize the role Frog Hollow played.