Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Thursday, September 13, 2001


I am SO angry.
I was walking down Barrington to go pick up my pay as you go starter pack
at the Delta Barrington Mall.
There were two women in Muslim dress (robes and head scarves) standing at
the side of the sidewalk, maybe waiting for a friend or the bus or
something.
As I'm walking toward them, coming in the other direction
this fat white man with garbage bags slung over his shoulder sees them,
and starts speaking loudly to them, stops in front of them.
He's saying stuff like "I hope you're not associatiated with those
criminals in New York"

MY GOD
How much of a fvcking stupid asshole could you possibly be.

I just continued walking (I was almost upon them) and as I walked between
him and the women I held up my hand in his direction and said "Don't be an
idiot".

I wasn't sure what to do, I didn't want to be patronizing and stop - I'm
sure they can defend themselves. I was hoping they would still be there
when I got back so that I could tell them that most people don't think
that way and that the guy was just an idiot, but I guess they got the bus
or whatever and they were gone.

I had heard on the radio/television about similar stupid incidents
yesterday. Sometimes I almost lose hope for humanity.
I'm sure devout Muslims were killed as they went about their daily work in
the Pentagon, or in the WTC, or as firefighters and police.
Everyone suffers from this.
No religion counsels hatred and violence.

I can't believe there are still people SO fvcking stupid that they will
yell at strangers on the street just because of the way they are dressed,
because of their race or religion.

Jesus Christ help us all.