Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Monday, October 15, 2007
cat detector van

In Ottawa, you need a license for your cat. I'm not making this up.
It's not clear to me, assuming you already have your cat chipped, what use it is having the kitty listed somewhere at city hall.

Ottawa Citizen - Bylaw officer dispatched over 'unlicensed' city kitty - October 15, 2007

And now for something completely different

Customer:
Look, it's a bleeding pet, isn't it? I've got a license for me pet dog Eric, and I've got a license for me pet cat Eric...

Shopkeeper:
You don't need a license for your cat.

Customer:
I bleeding well do and I got one. He can't be called Eric without it--

Shopkeeper:
There's no such thing as a bloody cat license.

Customer:
Yes there is!

Shopkeeper:
Isn't!

Customer:
Is!

Shopkeeper:
Isn't!

Customer:
I bleeding got one, look! What's that then?

Shopkeeper:
This is a dog license with the word 'dog' crossed out and 'cat' written in in crayon.

Customer:
The man didn't have the right form.

Shopkeeper:
What man?

Customer:
The man from the cat detector van.

Labels: ,