Manifesto Multilinko
Interesting links and notes on updates to my main website.

[add RSS feed][add RSS feed]

[to search, use Blogger search in top bar]

Saturday, March 11, 2006
ibook deado

Not a good day.

The iBook G3.
Is not so happy.
In terms of not booting up.

The HD is failing.

So by some miracle I got it going and tried to do a copy.

Note to people who make software for copying gigabytes of stuff:

moving gigs around takes a long time

tell me if you are actually copying stuff
or you're stuck

because otherwise I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FVCK YOU'RE DOING

I tried this restore trick, but it doesn't work, it doesn't accept the partition as a destination.

I tried Carbon Copy Cloner, but it doesn't tell me if it's stuck or just copying slowly and diligently.

I'm going to try SuperDuper now.

UPDATE: info from SuperDuper is looking good.

If I can get everything backed up, I will run DiskWarrior, but not before.